Thursday, November 20, 2008

Etsegenet's Peace

Day Five, Thursday Morning, November 20TH 8:30am
(Wednesday Night, 7:30pm Ethiopian Time)


A sweet note was sent to me this morning from Rachel. It sums up the answer to my prayer: That Beautiful Etsegenet will be confident and contented heading off to her new life in America. We have prayed for her for many, many months and the Lord is good! Here is the email that was sent:


Hey,
I'm totally thinking about ya'lls big family reunion at the airport. How fun!
I wanted to share this with you....I hung out with Ray and Etsegenet for the couple of hours before they left. Towards the end Etsegenet and I were in the kitchen, and she started singing "I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a river in my soul....I've got joy like a fountain, Ive got joy like a fountain......"
it just made me cry....that was just a total expression of how she is feeling. She is SO excited to get on that plane and get to her family! She is feeling totally peaceful and joyful about it. So I was crying in amazement at this little girl, thankfulness for her, etc.

Lots of love,
Rachel


This note reminded me that while I was in Ethiopia two and a half weeks ago Etsegenet did a similar thing. After we left the transition house and all the families were getting on the bus to go back to the hotel( E got to stay with us at the Addis View for the week), Etsegenet burst into song in English,"My God is so great, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do!" She sang the entire song and the adults that were on the bus began to sing with her. If there ever was a moment in this adoption process that I doubted the sovereignty of my God I apologize! This child born across the sea, was placed first in my heart, then tomorrow she will be placed in my arms as a blessing to me, and although I am sure I do not deserve such a rare gift I will most gratefully and humbly accept her for the glory of God and His kingdom to come!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ! Wilma

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait for them to get home tomorrow!!!!!
You know, I think I have to call you right now! :)
Love,
A

Kanga said...

Made me get goosebumps reading this. We can't wait to meet her. We will be praying for all of you.

Rebecca

Becky Lee Burk said...

Your comments always make me so teary eyed, you have to stop! I love telling your story to people, I know it's yours to tell but it is inspiring to many. People at my church ask about your family all the time and about E. I'm loving following your blog and your journey!

Susan said...

How sweet! That was so nice of Rachel to let you know! Meteku loves us to sing "My God is So Big!" It is something that we can do for him that is familiar.

I'm so excited for you all!!

Love you! Susan

Jaime said...

i cannot wait for you to hold her in your arms! i was crying as i read this, and it strengthens my heart to the sovereign love our Father has over us who belong to him!!!