Friday, August 8, 2008

No Go......

Sadly the outcome of our last ditch effort to pass through the Ethiopian court system before it closed for two months failed. We now resort back the October 8 court date. We have been on an emotional roller coaster ride along with the other families that have been trying to pass. If these families had passed yesterday six kids would have come home to their forever families this month. Unfortunately we must all wait. Their are several other families that have their court dates on October 8 as well. The good news is that if we all pass in October we will probably all travel together and what a party that will be. I must remain positive even with this apparent setback. I will tell you I had a good cry this morning. My heart longs to have my children safe with me, but God knows this and he will see this through. We are still gathering donations if anyone wants to participate in this process let us know.

4 comments:

Paul & Holly West said...

Theresa,
Please know that Paul & I have been praying so hard for your family. I am sad to read the news today. We will continue to pray that the Lord will protect your girls and sustain you during this wait.
We love you guys!
Holly

The Gillman Family said...

We are praying for your family to find peace in this decision and to sustain you as you continue this journey. Our God's plan is perfect even when we don't understand. I pray at some point He would allow you to see a piece of His plan to help you all during this time.
Blessings,
Kim (YG)

Anonymous said...

We are very excited about October. Something wonderful to look forward to. Cannot wait to meet our Beautiful 2 new nieces.
Wilma

Karen said...

Theresa - I've been thinking about you and praying for your girls and your family. Looking forward to travelling with you in Oct/Nov. Karen Wistrom www.family-from-afar.blogspot.com