Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Adoption From Heaven's Perspective

Desperation overcomes me as I now come to grips with the fact that I am dying. Everyone else is already gone and it is time for me to surrender my child into the hands of God with no other assurance of her careful upbringing other than the faith that I possess. A fear grips me and a heartache that is inexpressible. "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." So I will commend my child into the hands of God and trust that his body will tend to the needs of the widows and the orphans and treat others as they want to be treated. I give my child as the widow who gave her last coins to God. A most perfect gift...

As I walk away leaving the best of myself in a simple Ethiopian orphanage named Kids Care a miracle begins that will only be completed when my child returns to me one day in heaven. At that moment, as I turn away, a divinely constructed tunnel opens from Addis to America and my precious daughter will be carefully placed into the hands of another woman who will tend to her, nurturing her just as I have. She will sing her songs of Jesus in a language that I do not know, but God knows and my little girl will learn. She will rock her when she is scared and will heal her broken heart. I do not die in vain because the crosses I placed around my daughter's neck before I left her represent the best continuity I can give to her...Jesus. My love will stay safe and unbroken although my body will be gone. So I will give my sister in Christ her new daughter with tears in my eyes, not from regret, but gratefulness and joy as I look forward to our reunion in heaven when we will both hold our child forever in a liturgy of love. This is the miracle of adoption from heaven's perspective.

3 comments:

Anna Illaine said...

I love you mom!
-Anna

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing your journey.
We are praying for referrals and all the children waiting on forever families. Praying for your family.
Lori (YG)
laughners.blogspot.com

Anon E. Mouse said...

Hi Theresa,
What a beautiful blog. It brought tears to my eyes. You do have a yellowblackandwhite family. How wonderful! I am thankful for all that you are doing. I sent Joan your blogspot and number and she is planning on contacting you. Pray that little Nicoletta will be able to come. Right now the authorities are saying that she can't, but as you pointed out, "nothing is impossible with God." Love, Ruth